Unless you’ve been hiding in the mountains for the last six months, you know that we have been experiencing a period of political and economic uncertainty in our United States. And do you know what? Now that the election is over, that uncertainty is not going away. It is settling in for a nice long stay and we had better get accustomed to it.
Have You Noticed?
In any period of uncertainty, investment experts always make comments like these about gold. And they have been making them again over the last six months...
- “Stock prices could take a tumble... maybe it’s time to increase your holdings in gold.”
- “You need a hedge against inflation... maybe it’s time to increase your holdings in gold.”
- “The Fed could increase the prime rate... maybe it’s time to increase your holdings in gold.”
- “Trade agreements could come under intense new scrutiny, which could affect our GNP... maybe it’s time to increase your holdings in gold.”
- “The Brexit tremors are only starting to be felt... maybe it’s time to increase your holdings in gold.”
You get the idea. When events are troubling or uncertain, investors start to think about increasing their holdings in gold.
If gold is such a steady and secure friend in uncertain times, why not make it part of your investment strategy consistently, not only when you get the jitters? Here are two basic strategies:
- Buy gold today and hold it for the long term. Do gold prices fluctuate? Of course. But despite rises and falls, gold steadily trends up in value over time, so it merits a place in your holdings. It can serve as a stabilizing hedge against losses in stocks or other investments that you own.
- Leverage bigger profits by investing in gold recyclables. You can buy up gold scrap, electronics, and other gold-bearing items at low prices and recycle them later when trading prices increase. One good option is a Specialty Metals Smelters and Refiners Gold Pool Account.
Make Gold Part of Your Long-Term Investment Strategy
To learn more about setting up a Specialty Metals Gold Pool Account, call our precious metal consultants today at 800-426-2344.
How Smart Gold Investors Profit from Unexpected Events
Should You Believe Conspiracy Theories about Gold?
All Signs Point to Gold Bullion as a Great Year-End Investment
Gold, Your Steady Friend through Ups and Downs