Ivanka Trump, the glamourous daughter of our new President-elect, is wealthy enough to wear just about anything she would like. And what does she wear? Gold jewelry, of course, and items of clothing that look like gold. The question is, will she wear it so often, and so visibly, that she will trigger a new demand for the precious metal and cause gold trading prices to rise?Read More
People have been enthralled with gold since ancient times. If you love it too, why not spend part of your next vacation looking at it, learning about it – and maybe even finding some and bringing it home? There are many ways to make gold part of your vacation. Here is just a small sample of what you can do.Read More
If you own an older house, chances are pretty good that a previous owner hid valuables in it. If they did, they intended to retrieve those items one day. However, circumstances often prevent people from doing so – they die, become ill, or grow infirm and cannot remember where they hid items. So if you own an older home, where should you check for hidden items? Here are some places to look.Read More
If you have older relatives who are feeling blue because it will be so expensive to buy holiday presents this season, here is a suggestion.
Why not encourage them to recycle any precious metal items that they have on hand now? They could get a check from us just in time to take the sting out of holiday shopping.
Here’s a quick checklist that you can share with your mom, dad, aunt or uncle to help them identify unwanted items that can be recycled with the services of a qualified precious metals recycler like us.
- Silver and silver-plated tableware – There can be a lot of value hidden in mixed lots of old knives, forks and spoons that haven’t been used for years.
- Metal picture frames – Some of them are actually made of pure silver. Others are made of base metals plated with silver and in come cases, gold. They are well worth examining closely.
- Old trophies, medals, religious items and awards - In earlier decades, it was not uncommon for many of them to be made from silver, gold-plated silver, or other precious metals – even platinum. They are often small, but their dollar value might not be.
- Unwanted piece of jewelry – Rings, pins, bracelets, watches, chains, and other items can be worth a great deal of money.
- Old bridges, caps and unused dental appliances – It might surprise you to learn that your relative has kept such items, but sometimes people do. They intend to recycle them someday. Maybe that “someday” should be today.
- Deskware, including paperweights, pen and pencil holders, and letter openers – Such items, often engraved, were once given often as incentives and awards. They could be hiding in plain sight on your relative’s desk, mantle, or bookshelves.
- Lighters, cigarette and cigar cases, and other smoker’s paraphernalia – Several decades ago when many people smoked, these items were produced in great quantities and often given as gifts. It is extremely unlikely that they are being used today, so now is the time to send them to a qualified precious metals refinery for recycling.
It’s Easier than Ever Before to Find Out How Much Items Are Worth
If you have located any of the above items, you can sit down with your relative and give us a call at 800-426-2344. It will be a fun call, and potentially a profitable one too. One of our expert consultants will be happy to speak with you confidentially and give you an estimate of what your precious metals could be worth.
Raising Funds for Holiday Shopping: Why Not Get Family, Friends and Neighbors Looking for Precious Metals to Recycle?
Is this a Good Time to Sell My Gold?
Open Things Up, Find Precious Metals, Make Money
Need Extra Cash for the Holidays? Why Not Recycle Your Precious Metals Now?